Sunday, April 5, 2009

real life

Well, It's Sunday afternoon.
The wash is done, the kids are fed,
Juan is taking the girls off to Youth group.
The boys are up the road playing on their rip sticks. -- That one I have a hard time watching-- one of the boys is going to just break a leg, or something...
I know, spoken like a true parent!! We are such a normal (well, maybe not normal!!) but normal family- kids in soccer, 3 different teams, 3 different schools, cleaning, errands, we have it all too.

We have worked so hard at finding ways to raise the funds to adopt the kids. To help raise the awareness of our friends and family of the huge problems facing widows and orphans all over the world.

Sometimes, I just feel tired.
I am so thankful that my God does not get tired.
I love and serve a Huge God, who knows of all of these issues in the world.
I am just overwhelmed at the magnitude of the vast numbers of the orphans in the world today.

We are so all connected-we are all part of the same world, we breath the same air- we are part of each other.
I am not sure that we as Americans really understand that.
I want to do so much more for this problem,
but I don't know what to do...
I am speaking at a ladies Sat luncheon at the end of the month. If you would like to come and hear my story, please email and I'll give time and place. It is on Apr.25 .

Please continue to pray that Juan finds a job. We believe that God knows and is not surprised by the economy here, and that He knows the job for Juan. If anyone knows of any openings, please let us know!

Rick talked about the roller coaster ride this morning in church- where are we on it?
Are we on it?
I am- and I'll stay on it..
I am not at the bottom, nor am I at the top- our lives are so full of ups and downs.
And so much just plain LIFE...
We are studying the life of Moses.
Now, he had some real ups and downs!
I am so glad to read what God did for him, and I know that God will not do any less for His children today.
I think that I maybe on that coaster, on the ride up the BIG incline- when I reach the top- OH BOY, the ride will be wild! I am God's and He is mine.

So this blog is mostly just Pam rambling ;)
I am not really sad- I am just overwhelmed at the issues.
How do we help? What can we do? Step #1- help raise awareness of the issues.

Blessings, Pamela Dawn

1 comment:

Ramon said...

we will be praying for you