Wednesday, September 3, 2008

More memories from China

Random memory:

The worse incident was when I learned that Montezuma's Revenge has jurisdiction in China as well. We were forewarned not to drink the water. Don't brush your teeth in it, don't drink anything with ice or drink any water from opened bottles. We were OK with that. It was inconvenient, but we handled it...for the most part.

One day I had occasion to meet the hotel manager in the lobby of the hotel we were staying in, in Guongo. He was a very gracious gentleman, who thanked me for being part of the group who were adopting children from his country. In the conversation he asked what room I was in, I didn't think much of it and went on my way after the conversation. The next day there was a huge basket of fruit delivered to our room. Gorgeous! Well, yours truly took a pear and without further adieu washed it in the bathroom sink, dried it with a towel and ate said pear.

Montezuma visited me ALL NIGHT LONG! We're talking evacuation from both ends of the victim, at rapid and consistent intervals. "Sick as a dog" doesn't half cover it. "Sick as a dying dog, who's been hit by a truck and then kicked in the gut" would more closely describe it. I stayed in bed the entire next day and a half (between trips to the bathroom) and was only moments from succumbing to Pam's plea to call a doctor. (Shutter the thought - A man calling a doctor? What would all the fellas in the "We don't need no stinkin doctor", Fraternity say?). It finally subsided and we went on as usual...for the most part.

Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Kathy's Korner said...

OH my not fun. Not fun at all.

this happened to me when we were waiting for the call to go and visit our third daughter. Here in the states

We went to an off the beaten path Italian restaurant...and SOMETHING there did NOT agree with me. That is putting it mildly. I definately feel your pain there!