Friday, May 22, 2009

Speechless...

What an emotional day today has been. I am overwhelmed and speechless so I will end here. No, no that would not be right. I have so much to say I am not sure that I can accurately describe the emotions that were felt today...joy, happiness, elation, and any other adjective that can be used to describe anything dealing with the word "happy" because that is how we all felt today when we met everyone at the airport! After a very long flight from Ethiopia to Rome to DC and then to Norfolk, Va we were all looking down the United Airline's hall waiting to get the first glimpse of Juan and Pam and the kids as they exited their plane to meet us. All the "old" brothers and sisters and friends were looking to see who would notice them first when we hear something that sounded like Pam calling us from behind. They had actually beat us, unloaded all their luggage and were watching us from behind. I have been to the airport many, many times meeting friends and family and also saying good bye to friends and family, but I must say that this was the best homecoming I have ever experienced in my life. In my life! We had no idea what to expect, but let me just tell you that Justin, Zoey and Davis just came out and hugged their brothers and sisters and then they hugged us and you should have seen their smiles..oh my goodness..it was just so wonderful. These new kids seem like they have been here all their lives. They just belonged. There is no other way to put it. If you do not believe that Our Lord performs miracles you should have been with us today. It was spectular...those kids just belong here with Pam and Juan and Leah, Annalyse, Dylan and Jaden.

We brought sandwiches and drinks and juice boxes so everyone could have a bite to eat before we all headed home, but the kids were just too overwhelmed. Their very "favorite" Aunt Nancy brought them some Tootsie Roll Pops and now you know why I am the favorite Aunt! We divided everyone into group for the ride home. All the boys wanted to be together and all the girls rode home with their favorite Aunt! Zoey is so smart. Pam and Juan had told us that she was saying a few words putting simple sentences together and she is! Even her new sisters were shocked. My daughter, Emily, was sitting in the back seat with Zoey showing her pictures on the cell phone. Em must have a million pictures and she was telling Zoey about each picture. After they had finished looking, Zoey wanted to look through them by herself. There was a picture of Emily's friend, and when Emily got to that picture she told Zoey "my friend." Well, when Zoey went back through the pictures she came to the friend and said, "My friend." We were in awe. She will be speaking English in no time at all.

Justin could not wait to see the water since Juan and Pam live on the Sound and they have a very long dock over the water. Before we knew it he was at the end of the pier just about to jump in the water! We stopped him, but the first thing Justin wants to see is the ocean. So lookout...there is a new surfer dude in town!

Davis is a friendly little guy. He has the biggest smile I have ever seen, and I think he probably would have hugged every single person at the airport had we let him. These are cute, cute,cute and sweet kids. What a privilege it has been to a part of this with Juan and Pam.

As we were all loading up into the cars for our drive home I overheard Dylan tell his mom this, get the tissues ready people because this really brought tears of joy to my eyes...He said, "Mom, this has been the second most important event of my life. The first day was when Leah, Annalyse and Jaden came home. I am happy Mom. I am just so happy." I hope everyone is "just so happy" always!

9 comments:

Della said...

Aaww, so sweet! I'm so happy that things are going so well. Praise God!

Karis said...

I came to this blog from cfhusband.blogspot.com and have so enjoyed the updates! I have two brothers from South Korea and remember their homecomings to our family (their "gotcha days") so well. Welcome Justin, Zoey and Davis!!!

Stacy said...

Praise God! Congratulations.

Brenda said...

I have to say that these three kids are adorable. They paired up at the airport: Justin with Dylan, Davis with Jaden, Zoe with her sisters, and held hands as they walked to the cars. I am so very glad that I got to witness this awesome scene. God gets the credit for putting this beautiful family together.

Irma said...

I can't keep the tears from my eyes, knowing how much love and prayer and hope and frustration and faith led to this homecoming. Finally their family is together and their new, complete life can begin.

CFHusband said...

awesome! Can't wait to meet them!!!

Anonymous said...

We are praising the Lord with you, Pam and Juan! I've been checking your website everyday, reading and crying...what an AWESOME God we have!!

Praying for things to settle down now - and for a job for you, Juan!

Love you guys!!!

Nancy (Lynton too :)

Unknown said...

Praise you, Jesus!
How sweet and how precious!!!

Rick Lawrenson said...

God has been so good!