Monday, March 30, 2009

Adoption Tax Credit Act

A blogging friend of mine, let me know this is coming up and gave me this letter that I used to write and YOU can too!
I have finally written my Congressman and Senators urging them to keep the Adoption Tax Credit alive.

I would love for everyone reading this to do the same (sometime this year, it doesn't have to be today :-) hahaha)
Even if you are not an adoptive parent would you consider taking a moment to voice your desire to see the credit remain?
It truly is a huge help for adoptive families.

I always get really nervous about composing letters to elected officials and I prefer someone to have a sample to get me started so I am posting my letter for your reference, in case you're like me and you take comfort in that kind of thing.
If you don't have letter writing anxiety feel free to go on with your bold self and write off the cuff.

Dear _____________
I am writing to urge that you not allow the FederalAdoption Tax Credit to expire in December of 2010. As a family with Five biological children and four adopted children we relied on the tax credit to help us adopt. Without the benefit of the Tax Credit the fees associated with our adoption would have made the financial impediment much more difficult for our family to hurdle. We believe adoption is a blessed and wonderful way to build a family and that it benefits our society. In our efforts to raise awareness about the many benefits of adoption we find that speaking about the Tax Credit has always been a positive incentive for perspective adoptive families first discovering their options. We have had theopportunity to meet many people who thought adoption would be financially out of reach for them only to find it was possible through the aid of the Adoption Tax Credit. Please do whatever you can to ensure that the Tax Credit permanently remains as a financial support for adoptive families. TheAdoption Tax Relief Guarantee Act of 2009, H.R. 213 would keep the door open for children to come in to their forever families.Many Blessings,

Thank you for joining with me ( and others thank you Jen!) in helping to make others aware of the pending review. Please voice your approval of this adoption credit.
Blessings, Pam

3 comments:

amie said...

Do you have an address to send the letters to?

The Gang's Momma! said...

Thanks for the reminder. I need to get on this. Addresses or suggestions as to whom should receive it are helpful, too. :)

Unknown said...

Sending you hugs and love!

Knowing God is handling all the final details!!!

Blessings this day sweet friend!
Jill