Monday, April 12, 2010

A Real Dad

I've seen a lot of men "sow their seed". However, it takes more than a 'seed sower' to be a daddy ... it takes a farmer to tend those seeds. That's what a real daddy is.

I've seen a daddy that has sacrificed for a greater purpose.
I've seen a daddy that has put aside his wants for his children's needs and desires.
I've seen a daddy drive a 15 passenger van and no longer look "cool".
I've seen a daddy sell his own things in order to provide for his family.
I've seen a daddy go to work every day - even when he doesn't want to.
I've seen a daddy tuck his kids in bed every night and pray for angels to guard them.
I've seen a daddy discipline his children in love, firmness and grace.
I've seen a daddy on his knees in prayer every night.
I've seen a daddy cry over his children.
I've seen a daddy play soccer with his kids and encourage them from the sidelines.
I've seen a daddy teach his kids how to ride a bike.
I've seen a daddy read books and make up the words so it has more humor.
I've seen a daddy teach his kids how to work hard .
I've seen a daddy lead his family in devotions every night.
I've seen a daddy encourage his kids in their schooling.
I've seen a daddy speak into his kid's destinies.
I've seen a daddy set an example on how to love his wife.
I've seen a daddy model repentance and forgiveness, mercy and grace.
I've seen a daddy who is always home for dinner.
I've seen a daddy say "yes" when his wife says "this one is ours too".
I've seen a man who has fathered his children -
who has cultivated the seed that was sown in his field.

I've seen a man who will open his heart and home up to who ever the Lord sends his way. This man is living the Bible verse that talks about caring for the widow and the orphan. I love this man.

Blessings, Pamela Dawn

2 comments:

Brenda said...

He is truly a man who understands what God wants men to be...the head of the household, who loves, protects, and provides for his family. He has his priorities in order...God, family, career. He is an excellent role model, and a gentle man. What a sweetie...

Aus said...

Nice tribute - couldn't tell that you love that guy either! ;)

hugs - aus and co.