Friday, October 23, 2009

Daddy had a birthday!

Yup! My 49th birthday...Oww!!! That hurts just to say it. Actually it looks worse on paper than it feels. I'm sure everyone remembers hearing their parents talk about they don't feel like they're getting any older, but the signs keep showing up to prove that they are. I actually don't feel any older today than I did 10 years ago when I turned 40. I actually think my 40th was my most favorite and active year. I ran a mini-marathon, graduated with my MBA, and took a month long trip through Europe (backpacking) with my Honey.

Now I'm still as healthy as the proverbial horse, I still haven't had a single cavity on any of my teeth, I have 7 great and beautiful kids, a great new job, a new town, and I have a beautiful, loving wife to share it all with. Let me tell you, life doesn't not get much better than this.

THANK YOU JESUS FOR ONE MORE YEAR!!

2 comments:

Aus said...

Nice post dad - glad to see another guy out here too! I did the 50th last summer - and like you I don't feel any older, it was no big deal in fact. Bless my bride for NOT arranging a surprise party for me - she was great about that! Like you - I feel like I've got it all too - heading to China in a few short weeks for our son, and 5 at home or on their own - yeah - it's all good - and all a Blessing from Above!

hugs - aus and co.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Congrats on the new job, new home, new church and may the blessings flow in your lives!

Lots of love,
Jill