Monday, July 27, 2009

We've moved in - Sort of

This will be short.

The movers picked up our household goods on Wednesday and delivered them on Thursday.

Boxes, Boxes, Boxes! Moving into a smaller home with half the storage space is a nightmare for Pam. Thankfully, we have a 2 car garage. We plan on using half of it for storage. I'll have to put up some type of lane barrier in order to avoid the creeping clutter disease from taking hold.

The commute!! 10 minutes from driveway to parking lot. Even when I worked on the Beach my commute was 45 minutes. I'm loving it! Of course I can't say that too loud; since Pam is working from home, she will be going back to the Beach a couple times a week. Not good, but she still can't beat the commute for the other days. about 10 feet from bed to computer desk.

I saw our kids talking to some neighborhood kids in the backyard today. That made my heart feel good.

Next week I start my next phase of training in Richmond. I'll stay there during the week and come home for the weekends. 4 weeks!! Yuck!

Well, gotta go put beds together.

2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Ack. Moving is such a chore. We've been here five years and on some days it still feels new and different. Don't tell my mom, but I still have a few boxes I haven't touched since I put them in the storage room :)

How are you all doing? Resting? How are the new ones handling the changes?

Rick Lawrenson said...

You're already missed.
And I'm laughing at this statement: "We plan on using half of it for storage." Right.