I remember being a teenager actually trying to imagine what the year 2000 would be like. I tried to imagine what I would look like or be like when I turned 40. I had never tried to imagine being 50.
Now...I am still enjoying excellent health,
I have the best wife in the world,
I have a house full of 7 beautiful kids,
I have a job I love.
And best of all....I have Jesus!
- John F Kennedy won election for president against Richard Nixon (by only 113,000 votes)
- The first 3500 soldiers were sent to Viet Nam
- Unemployment was 5.5%
- The first working laser was built
- The first communication satellite was launched
- Cassius Clay (later known as Mohammad Ali) won his first pro fight.
- Pittsburgh Pirates won the World Series
- Philadelphia Eagles win the Super Bowl.
- Average yearly income was $5,260
- Average new home cost $12,700
- US population was 180,671,158
- The birth control pill was made available to the public
- Ray Charles won 4 Grammy awards
- "Ben-Hur" won the Oscar for Best Picture
- Domino Pizza was founded